Another year, another great showing at FMS for Toshiba! This year’s show was cut short, but that didn’t stop us from making the most of our time. Our theme for this year’s show centered on how people’s lives are being upgraded by flash, which tied in nicely with the show’s overall theme of creating the next generation of hardware and software solutions. Show attendees got the opportunity to see how Toshiba’s industry-leading flash technologies are enabling the solutions of tomorrow.
Below are the highlights from this year’s show – check them out!
- Keynote Presentation – Toshiba’s Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, technology executive, SSD, and Steve Fingerhut, senior vice president and general manager of storage products gave a keynote titled: “Flash Memory is Going Places We Have Never Been Before.”
- 3D Flash Memory: Toshiba Highlights New Advances – The introduction of 96-layer three-dimensional (3D) flash memory, QLC BiCS FLASHTM 3D flash memory and 3D flash memory with TSV technology were all industry firsts.
- Innovative Technology in Action – Live demos at the Toshiba booth included the newly announced 5th generation PM5 Series12Gb/s SAS SSD; CM5 Series enterprise NVMe SSD; BG3 Client NVMe SSD using HMB (Host Memory Buffer); and NVMe-oF software stack.
- FMS Sessions and Panels – Toshiba was selected by FMS organizers to present in 16 sessions and panels, on topics including: enterprise and consumer storage and applications, NVM Express®/PCIe® issues and security, flash-based edge computing for the IoT, and more.
- Toshiba Wins Best in Show Award – We took home a top award once again, this time for Most Innovative Flash Memory Technology in the Data Center category
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of Toshiba Memory America, Inc.